Re: Removing manual beams when multiplying note values

From: Nicholas Moe
Subject: Re: Removing manual beams when multiplying note values
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:15:58 -0500

I would like to keep the option of using either system. And after
further thought, I wouldn't want to remove every beam since the few
sixteenth notes I have would be converted to eighth notes, and I would
want to keep those beams. I did a search for "16" and created these
commands to place before and after those instances:

removeBeams = \override Beam #'stencil = ##f
showBeams = \override Beam #'stencil = ##t

If I'm compiling without multiplying note values, I can set these to
null and get back to where I began.

Since I'm working off of a score with modernised rhythms, I'm content
with doing my compilation checks without multiplying. After everything
is typed in, I can switch on the multiplication and just ignore the
warnings, since I already know I got everything else right!

Nick