Consistent bar number positioning

From: Nicholas Moe
Subject: Consistent bar number positioning
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 23:01:14 -0500

I am writing a piece which requires lyrics above and below the staff.
I would like to have regular measure numbers right above the bar-line
(i.e. always approx. 0.75 staff lines above the staff). Ideally I
would like to make the lyrics invisible to the bar numbers.

 I have been unable to find a way to consistently do this throughout
the piece. Even doing an #'extra-offset tweak doesn't work, because
the starting point is not always the same, and in the actual piece of
music, the starting point is higher or lower on each system depending
on how the notes are in that system.

Does anyone have an idea of how to do this? Is there a way to make the
lyrics invisible to the bar numbers? I have an example set up below.

Nick Moe

%%%% BEGIN EXAMPLE

\version "2.14.0"

\score {
        \new Staff = "staff" {
                <<
                        \new Voice = "music" {
                                \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility =
                                \set Score.barNumberVisibility =
#(every-nth-bar-number-visible 1)
                                \override Score.BarNumber #'Y-offset = #-1
                                \repeat unfold 8 { a'1 }
                        }
                        \new Lyrics \with { alignAboveContext = "staff" }
\lyricsto "music" {
                                \lyricmode {
                                        ter -- ram tu -- o ad hoc e -- nim