Extract numbers of quarternotes per page

From: Michael B .
Subject: Extract numbers of quarternotes per page
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:10:44 +0000 (UTC)

Hi there,

I just started using lilypond and this software is a piece of art. Its really
amazing what it is capable of doing.

Among other things ill like to do, i would like to be able to extract
automatically information on the formatting of the layout Lilypond is using.

Let me explain more in detail :
I would like to extract during compilation, the number of quarter notes
(or beat)
that are inside every pages lilypond just printed.
The ideal would be to get this
information printed on a text file or in the console.

I would also like to get the same information but between repeats,
which in this case wont be related to the layout process (repeats do not depends
 how many barline per pages).

Of course i could just "count", everything manually, but I need to get this
information on a pretty large scale, and It would be great if i could just get
 this information from the compiler.

As its quite hard to find the best way to achieve that without experience, any
help that would point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all for ur assistance,
Michael