Optimising Lilypond source for readability

From: Ben Finney
Subject: Optimising Lilypond source for readability
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 13:02:02 +1000

Howdy all,

The attached document produces the score that I want, but it has a lot
of repetition and is difficult to read through.

What can I do to “refactor” this document, so that it produces the same
score but the source is easier to follow and less needlessly repetitive?

 \        “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used |
  `\                           when we created them.” —Albert Einstein |
Ben Finney