Re: Removing Bar_engraver removes clef

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Removing Bar_engraver removes clef
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 10:48:23 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Payne" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2011 9:00 AM

On 11/06/11 13:11, Carl Sorensen wrote:
On 6/10/11 8:25 PM, "Nick Payne"<address@hidden>  wrote:

If I'm setting out a scale that goes over more than one stave, and use
\remove "Bar_engraver" to remove the barlines, then the clef (and key
signature if any) also disappear from the second stave. If I just make
the barlines transparent, I still get an extra space where barlines are.
Is it possible to use \remove "Bar_engraver" and retain the clef and key
signature on the second and subsequent staves?
I recommend that you use \cadenzaOn to eliminate the barlines in the first
line of music.
Thanks. Using that, together with \bar "" wherever I wanted a line break, did what I wanted. I thought that I should be able to use \break rather than \bar "", but \break did not give a line break, the music just ran off the right hand edge of the page.

Nick

It's quite clear in the notation reference:

"LilyPond will insert line breaks and page breaks only at a bar line. Unless the unmetered music ends before the end of the staff line, you will need to insert invisible bar lines with
\bar "" to indicate where breaks can occur."

--
Phil Holmes