Re: Old version 2.6.0?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Old version 2.6.0?
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:04:55 +0200

Hi Brent,

2011/6/11 Brent Annable <address@hidden>
> Thanks very much, I'm still relatively new to all this and never knew about
> convert-ly.

When i tried to compile the files you provided (with version 2.13.61),
i got the following in log:

[...]
error: file too old: 2.6.0 (oldest supported: 2.7.38)
error: consider updating the input with the convert-ly script
[...]

Convert-ly is mentioned here. Was it present in your log?
If not, this means we have a bug - what LilyPond version did you use?
If yes, this means the log message was not good enough, since you
missed some important information. What was misleadig? Maybe the fact
that there were two "errors"? In other words, would

error: file too old: 2.6.0 (oldest supported: 2.7.38). consider
updating the input with the convert-ly script

be better in your opinion?

thanks,
Janek