Re: upbeat with grace note

From: Friedrich Fischer
Subject: Re: upbeat with grace note
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 11:12:34 +0200

Am 13.06.2011, 23:25 Uhr, schrieb Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:

On 6/13/11 4:39 AM, "Friedrich Fischer" <address@hidden> wrote:

test = one line of the piece (stretched)
1. Distance between grace note and main note is too large, only
   ragged-last = ##f in 2.14.1 and before; ( 2.12.3 is right )
2. Voices are interchanged
3. instrumentName is invisible

I don't know what your concern is in point 2.

  See test-fried-corr.ly; the repeated voiceOne,Two,Four are uncommented.

Points 1 and 3 are both solved by correcting the structure of your music.

  The most important problems are solved. Thank you very much.

You should have

\new Staff {
  \set Staff.instrumentName = "Guit."
  <<
     \context Voice {}
     \context Voice {}
     \context Voice {}

}

That is, you should have one staff, with an instrument name set, and three
voices in parallel.

I've attached modified code, and it works properly on 2.15.1.

Another unsolved problem:
Installation of lilypond-2.14.1-1.linux-x86.sh is failing (puppy linux)
tar: Child died with signal 13
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
Error since 2.13.42; ( 2.12.3  2.13.41 are all right )

This error is not the report we need.  We need to see the process that
returned the signal 13. Can you try to look up higher in the output to find out which process is failing?

  Untarring lilypond-2.14.1-1.linux-x86.sh
  bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
  tar: Child died with signal 13
  tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

Thanks,

Carl

  Best regards,
  Friedrich