RE: Can you make MultiMeasureRests ignore spaces?

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Can you make MultiMeasureRests ignore spaces?
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 17:15:55 +0000

Hello,

------------------

From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Steven Weber
Sent: 11 June 2011 22:35
To: address@hidden
Subject: Can you make MultiMeasureRests ignore spaces?

I'm trying to separate my layout from my notes - what I'd like to have is
something like:

Notes =
{
                R1*4/4*4 |
}

Layout =
{
                s1*4/4*1 |
                s1*4/4*1 |
                s1*4/4*1 |
                s1*4/4*1 |
}

\score
{
                \new Staff
                <<
      \compressFullBarRests
                                \Notes
                                \Layout

}

However, when I have the layout per measure, the MultiMeasureRest doesn't get
compressed.  It's easy to solve by just doing s1*4/4*4, but I'd like to leave
the layout in individual measures if possible.  Any suggestions?

[James' reply:] Put the \compressFullBarRests inside the music variable

Notes = {
            \compressFullBarRests
              R1*4/4*4
}