Re: V2.14.0 - midi volume & midi arpeggio

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: V2.14.0 - midi volume & midi arpeggio
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:11:11 +0200

> Questions:
> How can I locate the full path for lilypond 2.12.3 if it still there?

Type in a terminal:

which -a lilypond

You'll see all the lilypond binaries **that are installed in your
path**.  In order to see which directories are included in the path
variable, type in a terminal:

echo $PATH

I guess that v2.12.3 is in /usr/bin.

Please paste the output of previous command (echo $PATH).
If I remember correctly, you missed /home/tsang/bin and there was also
some strange path.

> How to install lilypond v2.15.1? Will the install of v2.15.1 override
> v2.14.1?

You can install it as you installed v2.14.1.
It won't override the previous installation if you choose a different
path.  The easiest way is installing as root:

sudo sh lilypond-2.15.1-1.linux-x86.sh

It will be installed in /usr/local

For example I have:

$ which -a lilypond
/home/fede/bin/lilypond
/usr/local/bin/lilypond
/usr/bin/lilypond

$ echo $PATH
/home/fede/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games

As you can see, my first lilypond binary is /home/fede/bin/lilypond
because /home/fede/bin is the first path.
That means that if I type:
lilypond

/home/fede/bin/lilypond will be actually executed

In order to use the other binaries in the terminal, I must specify the
absolute path:

/usr/local/bin/lilypond

HTH,
Federico