Re: trying to add a new \language

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: trying to add a new \language
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:49:41 -0400

On Thursday 16 June 2011 11:56:46 -Eluze wrote:
> R. Mattes wrote:
> > On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:52:22 -0700, -Eluze wrote:
> >> hi
> >>
> >> for some experiments i want to add a new language - let's call it
> >> myLanguage.

I hope this gets resolved, because IMO there should be a way of
using one of the many solfa schemes to restrict note names to two
letters. For example, one might use do re mi fa so la ni or d r m
f s l n for the natural notes (ni, Sanskrit, is the oldest known
syllable for the 7th degree of the major scale.) and substituting
vowels in the order iaoueiaoue (iaoue is easy to remember as a
JudeoChristian name of God) to get bb's b's #'s and x's. Because of
the *very* large number of such schemes, a personal language file
is IMO a good way to go. I still have a "myenglish.ly" someplace
that I haven't used in years, but not because it didn't work. I
think that do re mi users would be more interested in a solfa
language or two or twenty than C D E users, but who knows?

I use a sed script to edit the notes before lilypond compilation
instead. It makes it easier to adjust to changes in lilypond, and
permits an implementation of \followKeySignature that users are denied
because, no matter how much musical education and experience they
may have, they are presumed not to be able to remember what key
they are writing in. Regards, daveA

--
For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.