lyrics vertical movement - help requested.

From: Bill Mooney
Subject: lyrics vertical movement - help requested.
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:52:21 +1200

Greetings All,
I have been trying to adjust the vertical position of lyrics in a simple song. The default position places the lyrics just a little too close to descending stems, in my opnion.
I want to move the lyrics down about half their height.
Hopefully, the attached .ly file with its embedded comments, will show what I have done. Is there a better, more concise, and obvious way of moving lyrics up or down while retaining the ability of LP to adjust the positions of staves etc., to compensate for those adjustments? (Using lyrictextoffset doesn't seem to allow this)
...and Yes! I have read the Manuals! :)
Any help, and comments, would be much appreciated.
Regards
Bill