Re: Adding text above a system

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Adding text above a system
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 06:57:50 -0400

Hi James (and Jesse):

> You could use a \tempo markup as well with appropriate \[style] font
> variables.

True, but that doesn't accurately reflect the structure of the music (i.e.,
three individual exercises).

> Or the \header { piece = XXXXX } markup
> as here
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/creating-titles-headers-and-footers#title-blocks-explained

That's an excellent suggestion -- in fact, it's the one I was considering
suggesting myself, as it best reflects the structure.
The main drawback of this approach is that it's somewhat more complicated to
adjust the formatting of titling than it is a top-level markup.

Cheers,
Kieren.