Re: Custom dynamic text spanner without dashed line

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Custom dynamic text spanner without dashed line
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 23:17:25 +0200

On 19 June 2011 21:47, Jay Anderson <address@hidden> wrote:

> I use this:
>
> justDim = #(make-music 'DecrescendoEvent 'span-direction START
> 'span-type 'text 'span-text "dim." 'tweaks '((dash-period . -1)))
> justCresc = #(make-music 'CrescendoEvent 'span-direction START
> 'span-type 'text 'span-text "cresc." 'tweaks '((dash-period . -1)))

Great, thanks!

I know how to use tweaks with this "event stuff" now, thank you.

> Despite its advantages, I don't use the style none just yet because of
> this issue: http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1259.

Funny.
I made a report because I had issues with
  DynamicTextSpanner #'dash-period = #-1
which finally lead to  DynamicTextSpanner #'style = #'none .
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-05/msg00171.html

Issue #1259 is really an issue in this case (rhaa, I don't understand
people rating issues' priority!), but  'dash-period = #-1  has also
some severe drawbacks.
I think I will use a simple  DynamicText  (or even a simple
TextScript !) for now, and then switch when  #1259  will be solved.

Since  DynamicTextSpanner #'dash-period = #-1  is not affected by
#1259 , maybe a talented developer like Neil or Reinhold could solve it
within a not too long future (let's hope).

But thanks again Jay, your answer will help me for tweaking events in
other circumstances.

Cheers,
Xavier

--