Re: Reverting to the 2.13.46 font

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Reverting to the 2.13.46 font
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:09:26 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon Toohill" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2011 3:11 PM
Subject: Reverting to the 2.13.46 font

Hi all,

I noticed that since upgrading to 2.14, the default font for lyrics has
changed. I built both versions on Mac OSX 10.6.7, and compiled the same
input file for both. I tried editing font.scm to use "Century Schoolbook
L,serif" and rebuilding from source, to no avail. The typeface is still
ever so slightly different, and I think it looks distinctly worse than
the older versions. Am I choosing the wrong typeface? How can I revert
to the old font using Lilypond 2.14?

Thanks,
-Jon Toohill

Image: new font on right (2.14), old font on left (2.13.46). Note how
the serifs for the W and h don't line up in the new font, and the r and
y overlap one another.
http://i.imgur.com/yw6QH.png

Just as an information point, this isn't a problem on Windows using the downloaded build.

--
Phil Holmes