Very short lilypond snippets in LaTeX

From: address@hidden
Subject: Very short lilypond snippets in LaTeX
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:55:29 +0200

Hey all,

I am lilypond-booking a latex document where I endeavor to insert short
snippets into fragments of text :

The dynamic should be between
\begin{lilypond}
\markup { \dynamic "ppp" }
\end{lilypond}
and
\begin{lilypond}
\markup { \dynamic "pp" }
\end{lilypond}
.

The typeset result is not nearly as nice as \markup { The dynamic should be
between \dynamic "ppp" and \concat { \dynamic "pp" .} }.  I'd like to achieve
this, but in LaTeX w/o too much hard-coded tweakery.  Thoughts?

The reason I can't use the native lilypond is because all of this is going into
a table, and I don't want to go down the slippery slope of reimplementing latex
in lilypond thru markup commands.

Cheers,
Mike