stem direction [Was: Snippet: Tie does not appear]

From: Sepand Shahab
Subject: stem direction [Was: Snippet: Tie does not appear]
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:03:38 -0700

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sepand Shahab <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 6:02 PM
Subject: Re: stem direction [Was: Snippet: Tie does not appear]
To: Ivan Kuznetsov <address@hidden>

Hi Ivan,

You can use \stemUp \stemDown and \stemNeutral to go back to normal.

Similarly, \tieUp \tieDown and \tieNeutral

hope that helps,
Sepand

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Ivan Kuznetsov <address@hidden> wrote:

Thanks to all for your quick help!

I adjusted the voices so that the E naturals I
intend to tie are in the same lilypond voice.  The tie
now renders and correct notation results _however_ the
problem I have now, is that direction of the stems that
lilypond has chosen for each voice is _not_ the direction
I wish.

How does one override lilypond's stem directions for a
particular note or voice.

Also, though tie renders in the attached image, but I prefer
the curve of the tie _below_ the E naturals, not _above_ as
in the attached image.  Is there a way to force in which direction
the "tie is written"?

Thanks again!

\version "2.12.3"
\include "english.ly"

\score {

<<
   \new Staff = "guitar"
   {
     \clef "treble_8"
     \time 4/4

     % guitar m01
     <<
     { s2.   g'8. [e,16~]  }
     \\
     {  r2. f8 [b8]      }

     % guitar m02
     <<
     { e,1}
     \\
     {  <fs f' a'>4. <g' bf'>8  <g' b'>8 <bf a' cs''>4.   }
     \\
     {  s2   g'16 [gs16]   s4      }