Re: How to generate small example PNGs

From: Marc Mouries
Subject: Re: How to generate small example PNGs
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 06:37:53 -0400

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 6:06 AM, Ralf Mattes <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello list,

for a webproject with music examples I need to create PNG files with small
mucic examples. I'm shure I once had some examples but I can't find them
any more. I'm currently invoking lilypond like this:

 lilypond --png --output=cadence_3 94244234-tmp.ly

The file looks something like this:

 \version  "2.11.49"

\header {
 tagline = ##f
}

\paper {
 raggedright = ##t
 raggedbottom = ##t
}
\score {
{
<<
 \new Staff {\clef bass   e f d g  c }

\layout {
 indent = 0\mm
}

But the png still displays a whole (almost empty) page. What am I missing?

TIA Ralf Mattes

this will help:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/usage/lilypond-output-in-other-programs

To reduce the white space around your LilyPond score, use the following options

\paper{
  indent=0\mm
  line-width=120\mm
  oddFooterMarkup=##f