Re: markup for partial measures

From: Marc Mouries
Subject: Re: markup for partial measures
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 20:47:45 -0400

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> wrote:
Am Freitag, 24. Juni 2011, 18:56:00 schrieb Marc Mouries:
For a better understanding and some examples, I would recommend LilyPond's
notation reference:
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/notation/long-repeats.html

> I workaround it by writing it like this
> \time 4/4  |  a8  |: ......   |  ... | a2.  a8:| where 1 partial is needed
> and repeating the first note in the last measure.

No need for that workaround. LilyPond supports repeats starting at any point
in the measure, not necessarily at a bar line...

Cheers,
Reinhold

thanks for the information but i really prefer my workaround because the score in the example on the long-repeats is 1) incorrect as the code says repeat volta 4 and the score does not show that some measure need to be repeated 4 times and 2) the score looks rather bizarre with incomplete measure.
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/89/lily-c818abba.png

I re-coded the example. In the end the music played will be the same but the scores look different.
Do you really prefer score with incomplete measure?