Re: chord names with lowered bass

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: chord names with lowered bass
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 22:29:12 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:21:50 -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 6/24/11 9:41 AM, "Henning Hraban Ramm" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hello fellow pond-dwellers,
>>
>> I'd like to print chords like "c/e" as chord names with "E" as a small
>> index to "C" or even "stacked" with a small E below a normal-sized C,
>> without the slash.
>> How can I achieve that? I didn't find anything like that in the docs
>> nor LSR.
>
> Unfortunately, as far as I know there is no currently available way for
> a user to change the bass note of the chord.
>

>> Perhaps I misunderstand the slash-notation (inversion): I use it to
>> define the bass string to pick on the guitar.
>
> That's the way I use it as well.  But I'm totally familiar with this
> being C/E.  That's the only layout I've ever seen for this kind of
> notation.

C / C/E /  C / E / Am

C / C/e /  C / E / Am

C/e is clearly better than C/E, and it is becoming more and more
popular. Consistent upper case chord names and lower case note
names is a good idea. Regards, daveA

For beginners: very easy guitar music: solos, duets, exercises,
theory. Some solos are classical or finger style and others are
also of equal benefit to flat pickers (style free).
http://www.openguitar.com/beginguitar.html

For all: One best scale set for all guitarists, plus essential
scales of chord tones (real arpeggios, as on all other
instruments), and chords (triads in inversions). And more.
http://www.openguitar.com/scalescomparison.html
http://www.openguitar.com/dynamic.html

For intermediate to professional players: Solos, hints, best
fingerings of standard works...
http://www.openguitar.com

http://www.openguitar.com/contact.html
address@hidden