Re: Writing makefile for simple project

From: Dean Herington
Subject: Re: Writing makefile for simple project
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 01:00:48 -0400

It looks like your file is include/defs.ily but you've spelled it include/defs.ly in INCS.

At 8:25 PM -0400 6/25/11, Jesse Engle wrote:
> Can you post the text of your makefile so we can see what you've tried so far?

PIECE=ritual
INCDIR=include
INCS=$(INCDIR)/defs.ly \
     $(INCDIR)/three-stroke-ruff.ily \
     $(INCDIR)/single-drag.ily

$(PIECE).pdf: main.ly $(INCS)
        lilypond $(OPTS) -o $(PIECE) $<; \
        if test -f "$*.pdf"; then
                mv "$*.pdf" build; \
        fi

This outputs the following:

make: *** No rule to make target `include/defs.ly', needed by
`ritual.pdf'.  Stop.

I don't know whether or not to use the automatic variables defined by
make, and I'm also unsure about using the VPATH variable... Also, do I
need to specify the .midi target separately? Help! :) ...Jesse