Re: Request help with cueDuring

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Request help with cueDuring
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:31:49 +0200

Am Montag, 27. Juni 2011, 18:58:12 schrieb Patrick Karl:
> The snippet below is extracted from the 1st 6 measures of Pachelbel's
> Kanon.  I am trying to insert cue notes into the parts for the soprano and
> the alto.  The soprano cue notes are taken from the bass line, while the
> alto cue notes are taken from the soprano line.  However, the alto cue
> notes are not what I expected, namely, a full measure rest rather than the
> soprano notes from measure 2.

The problem is that the soprano explicitly creates a CueVoice, while cueDuring
is known not to work in that case (there is already a bug report about this; I
know the reason, but I don't know yet how to fix it).

As a solution, you can add \tag #'cued before the "\new CueVoice" and then
replace \addQuote "S" { \S } by:
\addQuote "S" { \removeWithTag #'cued \S }

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886