Re: system-system-spacing in lilypond-book-file

From: flup2
Subject: Re: system-system-spacing in lilypond-book-file
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 01:35:43 -0700 (PDT)

Dmytro O. Redchuk-2 wrote:

> I believe it is here:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/usage/latex
>
> Isn't it?
>
> If not, would you please write to bug-lilypond (or here) what exactly
> sould be
> added and to which section of the manual?
>
> Thank you!

Hello,

The way it's explained in the doc tells mostly about the number of systems
to include in the LaTeX file. For less advanced LaTeX users as I am, it
doesn't look obvious that * betweenLilyPondSystem * can also be used to work
on the space between system and that, in that kind of case, vertical spacing
settings in the lilypond environment have no effect.

Things could be explained like this :

\betweenLilyPondSystem may also be used to set the space between system, as
vertical spacing settings in a \paper block have no effect since they are
considered as different images. One could specify this way :

\newcommand{\betweenLilyPondSystem}[1]{\vspace{1mm}\linebreak}

Philippe