Re: SustainPedal: to-barline setting?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: SustainPedal: to-barline setting?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 16:32:29 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Xavier Scheuer" <address@hidden> To: "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>; "lilypond-devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:24 AM
Subject: SustainPedal: to-barline setting?

Hi,

I'm typesetting a piano score where the pedal is mainly
 \sustainOn  at the beginning of the measure and  \sustainOff  at the
very end of the measure (just before the bar line) and so on.
I did not find a proper way to print the  \sustainOff  at the very end
of the measure (just before the bar line).

I'd like to use a syntax like

 s1\sustainOn | s1\sustainOff\sustainOn |  % etc.

with a propertie like  Hairpin #'to-barline = ##t  that I could use
for  SustainPedal , so I do not have to care about what value is the
last note of the measure.

I tried  \override SustainPedal #'to-barline = ##t  but it does not
work.  AFAICS  SustainPedal  does not have the  'to-barline  propertie
because it does not support  spanner-interface .  I tried also
 \override Dynamics.SustainPedalLineSpanner #'to-barline = ##t
(because  SustainPedalLineSpanner  supports  spanner-interface  but it
failed).

Is there a simple way to print the  \sustainOff  at the very end of the
measure (just before the bar line)?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Xavier

Xavier,

This is issue http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1128

I now work round it with an extra voice with mainly spacer rests, but adjust the size of the spacers when I need pedal-on/pedal-off.

--
Phil Holmes