Re: Convert-ly and related files

From: K. Kellogg-Smith
Subject: Re: Convert-ly and related files
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 16:05:48 -0400

On 6/29/2011 12:07 PM, Graham Percival wrote:
On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:18:56AM -0400, K. Kellogg-Smith wrote:
For example, is there a list of obsolete LY codes and
commands and the last version after which those codes and commands
were no longer supported (for example, the articulation pairs “cr,
rc” and “decr, rced”)? I’ve looked into the change logs of fixes,
but that’s a very tedious exercise. Any help would be appreciated.
convert-ly -s
failing that, just read the source code.

Cheers,
- Graham

Thanks for the listing argument to convert-ly, Graham. I recognized the list, as I had previously used jEdit to read through both the convert-ly and convertrules files several times, and not finding/recognizing any reference to the articulation pairs I mentioned in my query I naturally came to the conclusion that the list of changes in those files isn't all-inclusive. Hence my query -- what I'm looking for would be a more inclusive list of obsolete LY commands.

Then additionally, by doing split-screen A- B comparisons between original and converted files (to v2.14.1) I saw where and how v2.4.1 compatibility changes were made. In so doing it obvious that there has to be a support file (or files) which hold the .ly code (and remarks, when used) for every one of the automatic edits/changes made by convert-ly during the file conversion process, i.e. procedures file(s). I'd like to find and look through those files.

    Thanks again for your helpful answer, and best regards,
    Ken