Re: fret diagrams for scales and arpeggios - using finger numbers as int

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: fret diagrams for scales and arpeggios - using finger numbers as intervals
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 21:54:52 -0600

On 6/29/11 5:36 PM, "Jay Lee" <address@hidden> wrote:

> LilyPonders,
<SNIP>
> I would like to be able to re-label the in-dot numbers to use 'b3' and 'b7'
> instead of '3' and '7' for the flat-third and flat-seventh intervals
> respectively, and to be able to use 'R' instead of '1' for the root.
>
> I don't think it's possible but if so, how do I do it?

It's quite easy.  Just use "R", "b3", and "b7" for the fingering in the
verbose syntax.

And if you want to used a lilypond flat symbol, you can do that as well.
You'll need to make the fingering a lilypond markup.

I guess we need to add something to the documentation indicating that the
fingering in the verbose syntax can be a number, a string, or a lilypond
markup.

HTH,

Carl