Re: setting the font size for markups independently

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: setting the font size for markups independently
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 20:03:19 +0100

On 5 July 2011 15:45, Marc Hohl <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ideally, there is something I can put in a separate include file which works
> for
> *all* markups that follow (which are mixed with scores and bundled in
> several
> \bookpart contexts.

I don't think this is possible without redefining interpret-markup
directly inside scm/makup.scm, i.e.,

(define-public (interpret-markup layout props arg)
   (ly:text-interface::interpret-markup layout props
(make-abs-fontsize-markup 12 arg)))

It is possible to redefine interpret-markup inside a .ly file, but
you'll find top-level markup ignores the new settings since
interpret-markup-list will still use the original definition (it's
defined directly following interpret-markup, and gets called from C++
when generating paper-book output).

Cheers,
Neil