Re: aleatoric squiggles

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: aleatoric squiggles
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 10:21:01 +0200

Karim Barkati <address@hidden> is currently typesetting a score not unlike this
for viola & electronics.  I'm ccing him to this e-mail: his approach also uses
glissandi and looks really nice.

For the arrow:
\relative c' {\override Glissando #'bound-details #'right #'arrow = ##t c1
\glissando s1 c1 }

For the cuing, if the glissando is always gonna be flat, try:

\relative c' {
\override Glissando #'bound-details #'right #'padding = #0
\override Glissando #'bound-details #'left #'padding = #0
f4 \glissando
\override Voice . NoteHead #'stencil = #(ly:make-stencil '() '(0 . 0) '(0 . 0))
\override Voice . Stem #'stencil = ##f
\repeat unfold 22 { f4 \glissando }
\revert Voice . NoteHead #'stencil
f4
}

Karim does something like this - it allows you to break the glissando at any
given beat and still have it in cued voices.

Cheers,
MS