RE: Lilypond making my Macbook Pro run slow

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Lilypond making my Macbook Pro run slow
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 10:46:02 +0000

Hello

---

From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Marc Mouries
Sent: 07 July 2011 03:36
To: lilypond-user

----

What exactly does 'keep lilypond open' mean in this context? It just runs once,
sprouts a pdf and then stops. That's why I can't understand what else would be
running unless we have a memory leak somewhere?

LilyPad is as far as I can see a very lightweight editor (and much easier to
use than bother with mucking about with plug ins for things like Smultron which
just got in the way).

You leave LilyPad alone! :P She's done me proud and I wouldn't use anything
else on a Mac (thanks to whoever came up with that BTW).

:)

James

Very much like lilyPad I built a simple lilypond editor and added syntax
coloring. You may want to download it and try it
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tig7qmcpamb1w4/LilyEditor.app

-Marc

awww I'd feel unfaithful ;)

Actually I no longer use MacOS but it's nice to know that there is something
out there.

However see

http://lilypond.org/website/easier-editing.html

Is this something we could add here?