Re: Best Practices for Multiple Part Scores

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Best Practices for Multiple Part Scores
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 10:05:07 -0400

Hello Andrew,

> What is frustrating to me is that doing something that
> seems to be standard in music notation (such as writing multiple
> parts) takes so much manual effort and so many hacks to look good.
> And there is much more documentation for strange things (like printing
> notes with colored heads, weird times and misaligned staves, etc.)
> than there is for the things you would actually expect a person to do.

I actually agree with this statement — and it's my #1 priority in terms of
helping Lilypond in the future.

Unfortunately, I'm so swamped right now, I don't even have time to properly and
fully answer your post, never mind contribute the kinds of things (proper docs,
default spacing sets, etc.) that are required to improve the situation

Best wishes,
Kieren.