Re: Best Practices for Multiple Part Scores

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: Best Practices for Multiple Part Scores
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 16:45:16 -0400

A lot of this is beyond me, Andrew, but :

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 9:25 AM, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

- Short lived divisi - is there a better method than using < > on
every note?  What about a passage with rhythmic differences?  Must
this be separated into yet another part?

I've handled temporary divisi by using parallel music. <> is for chords. Check out Notation Reference, 1.5.2 Multiple voices, Single-staff polyphony.

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer
Montague City, MA