Re: font survey: which clef do you prefer?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: font survey: which clef do you prefer?
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 10:54:01 +0200

Werner LEMBERG writes:

>> I really like the new clef in your recompiled examples. I vote for
>> at least including both options if not replacing the existing one

Please take care that if you start to suggest voting for what you
like best, you do that based not so much on personal taste...

> Please don't forget that lilypond's clefs are not something which are
> designed from nothing.  They are mostly based on good German
> engravings!

+1

... but by comparison to the high quality [German] engravings [from the
50's].

The scary thing is that personal taste can easily be influenced by
lesser [early computer based] publications that have appeared since the
70's.

You cannot go and start to mix and match styles -- I could imagine
having lilypond output different styles [something gonville-based comes
to mind], but please make sure to stay consistent.

Jan.

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl