Re: Typesetting bug(?) - polyphony + lyrics + \times 2/3 + \oneVoice = b

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Typesetting bug(?) - polyphony + lyrics + \times 2/3 + \oneVoice = breakage
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:04:28 -0400

Hi Peter,

> Hm... I'm not sure if I completely understand you

Something like this:

\version "2.14.1"

\paper { ragged-right = ##f }

global = {
  \key c \major
  \time 2/4
}

sopranoNotes = \relative c'' {
 <<
   { \voiceTwo \times 2/3 { a4 a a } }
   \context Voice = "sopranoOneVoice" { \voiceOne \times 2/3 { c4 c d } }
  >> \oneVoice |
  b2 b
 <<
   { \voiceTwo \times 2/3 { a4 a a } | g2 }
   \context Voice = "sopranoOneVoice" { \voiceOne c4 c | c2 }
  >> \oneVoice |
  b4 b b2 |
}

sopranoWords = \lyricmode {
  Here are the main words.
  Sep -- a -- rate here.
  go -- ing on…
}
sopranoUpperWords = \lyricmode {
  words on top
  and a -- gain
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff = "sopranoStaff" <<
      \new Voice = "sopranoVoice" << \global \sopranoNotes >>
      \context Voice = "sopranoOneVoice" << \global s4*2*3 >>

    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "sopranoVoice" \sopranoWords
    \new Lyrics \with { alignAboveContext = "sopranoStaff" }
      \lyricsto "sopranoOneVoice" \sopranoUpperWords

}

> Artificially keeping the sopranoOneVoice context alive might perhaps
> be another approach, but I suspect that'd mean I wouldn't be able to
> use \oneVoice and have proper "unison" sections - I'd instead have to
> have all the (fake) "unison" sections be part of voiceTwo, so stems
> would always point down.

Does my snippet solve your issue?
Note the use of \context instead of \new -- that (if I understand my own
Lilycode correctly) is important.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.