Re: Bug or user error?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Bug or user error?
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:08:24 +0200

No, the behaviour is perfectly correct.
If you enter in \relative mode, lilypond interprets as following:
  • reference point is c,
  • first note is g, relative to c, -> first one fourth below and then one more octave below
  • The following notes are each one octave lower than the previous ones
Read chapter 1.2.1 (Simple notation) of the Learning Manual for more information.

HTH
Urs