Re: Note names in output?

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Note names in output?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 18:43:08 +0000 (UTC)

Roland Goretzki <roland <at> roland-goretzki.de> writes:

> However, can You tell me, why the output prints the correct notes with
> English NoteNames, while I'm using \include "deutsch.ly"?

The output letters are independent of the input language.  I suppose this
makes sense because many of us use the Dutch note names for input and
Italian words in output.

Looks like \easyHeadsOn uses the Dutch names because they are simple to
determine the internal representation of pitch.

If somebody needs this notation for a teaching manual in German, we would
need an option for \easyHeadsOn, or maybe a variant \germanHeadsOn, to name
the staff positions as AHCDEFG.  (Presumably b is \flat H in German teaching
notation.)