Re: rendering png without page

From: Marek Klein
Subject: Re: rendering png without page
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 16:18:06 +0200

Hello,
see this thread, with lily2image script:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-10/msg00041.html

HTH

Marek
--
Marek Klein
http://gregoriana.sk

2011/7/19 bart deruyter <address@hidden>
Hi all,

I'm using the latest stable verision of lilypond , 2.14.1. now creating the final version of my guitar book. I was wondering if it is possible to output .ly files to png's without page. I mean without white background, margins, etc.. files in which no white-space surrounds, or is within the score. I also mean, an output in which all white that is from the background is transparent. Only the score should be outputted.

I'd like this very much because then I can easily align the pieces of music as images within the text. Transparency would make it possible to use the output on differently coloured images too.

Using svg as output can solve it partially, but I still need to resize the svg image to the piece of score, and in my opinion it's still a step too much. It does take too much time if it can be automated while rendering the png with a simple command line option, certainly in my case, having a large amount of small pieces of music for in an educational book.

By the way, using lilypond --svg results in a ps... using lilypond -fsvg too, and only with -dbackend=svg I get an svg, on my system at least. Why making it so difficult? Stick to one option, makes it much easier.

I used to use the framesets in scribus to render lilypond code, very usefull, and very handy, but after about 20 pages it takes too much rendering for scribus to handle. That's why I'd like to use png's.

Greets,
Bart Deruyter

http://www.bartart3d.be/