Re: changing staffgroup-staff-spacing

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: changing staffgroup-staff-spacing
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 12:52:07 +0200

Dear Keith,
thanks for Your explanations.
I think, the thing with  the "skyline-horizontal-padding" should be also a part of the documentation. At least I didn't find it there.
 I would have thought so, too.

> Unfortunately, it doesn't work.How can I avoid the collision in bar 2
> without increasing the staffgroup-staff-spacing generally?

I like to enforce extra clearance with
 \once\override Staff.SustainPedal #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-3 . 0)
or
 \once\override NoteHead #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(0 . 3)
before the particular thing that needs more space.

There is also a way to ask LilyPond to ensure horizontal clearance when deciding
how close staves may come vertically:

\layout { \context {
 \PianoStaff \override VerticalAxisGroup #'skyline-horizontal-padding = #1
}}