Re: multiple timesignatures

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: multiple timesignatures
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:35:13 +0200

Am 23.07.2011 19:38, schrieb Reinhold Kainhofer:
Am Samstag, 23. Juli 2011, 19:28:08 schrieb Ruud van Silfhout:
However, I thought now compoundMeters made it into lily, it is also time
that multiple meters should make it into lily as a logical successor :-).
Actually, dual times (like 3/4 5/4) are not easy to support in lilypond,
because lilypond relies on the time signature to calculate the measure length
(the | are just checks, they don't cause a new measures!).

For dual times, each measure length might be either of the two values,
possibly with no logical structure, so lilypond does not have any information
about the measure length.

(For dual times like 3/4 6/8 which have the same length the measure length is
not a problem, but now lilypond doesn't know which automatic beaming to apply
to a measure...)
As I understand the OP, he would want to supply the actual \time - just suppress the printing of the time signature.
So this shouldn't be a problem.
Cheers,
Reinhold