Re: Basic function question

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: Basic function question
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:28:18 +0300

On Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:14 Urs Liska wrote:
> Hello list members,
>
> after fiddling around too long and getting lost with the basics, I
> decided to ask my question here.
> I know it's basic, and I wonder why I get stuck this way, but
> obviously I'm confused and unable to find the right place in the
> docs.
>
> I want to write a function "instr" to produce formatted markup that
> I can use like
>
> { c d e f^\instr "Vl." }
>
> which should be translated to (e.g.)
>
> { c d e f^\markup \bold \italic \huge { "Vl." } }
I guess you can write markup function and then use it like this:

  { c d e f^\markup\instr "Vl." }

So (if so), you need to define markup function.

#(define-markup-command (instr layout props what) (markup?)
  (interpret-markup layout props
    (markup #:bold #:italic #:huge what)))

(not tested thougth).

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk                        "Easy to use" is easy to say.
  Bug Squad                                             -- Jeff Garbers