Generous Measure Lengths?

From: Rico Viejo
Subject: Generous Measure Lengths?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:06:21 -0400

I want to use lilypond to make sheet music more legible (to my old eyes, as
PDFs on an iPad with page-turning by the AutoFlip app). I replicated a work by
Satie which has a quarter note as its shortest. The published-in-France
(slightly illegible) original has four or five measures per line (12 or 15
beats). My lilypond version has 12 measures or 36 beats per line. Too dense!
Not trying to save space! I have searched the manuals and archives, but have
not found a way to generously space the notes like those in the original sheet
music. Suggestions, please.

Rico