Arpeggios from chordmode?

From: Basso Ridiculoso
Subject: Arpeggios from chordmode?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 12:20:12 -0700

Hello all,

I am trying to generate some exercise files and I realized all I need is a way to make chordmode render those chord names as arpeggios, instead of vertical chords. Not in the classical notation, in otherwords, not the kind showing the playing of notes simultaneously with the arpeggio symbol, but returning the notes without them being grouped vertically and simultaneous.

Is there as simple way to get chord mode to return:

c4 e g

instead of

<c e g>4

I realize that this feature is called "chordmode" for a reason :) But this ability to get back the arpeggios of a chord progression would be exceedingly helpful for improvisational charts.

Then one could enter in

harmonies = d:min7 g7 c:maj7

and get back

d4 f a c
g b d f
c e g b

I am not brave enough to modify any built in .ly files that Lilypond depends on..(yet).

Just checking to see if anyone else has already solved this one yet!

Thanks for any help.

Daniel