Re: More vertical spacing confusion

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: More vertical spacing confusion
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 23:14:21 -0700

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 20:16:33 -0700, Adam Spiers <address@hidden> wrote:

To this end I'd really appreciate if anyone can answer my original
questions regarding the arrow annotations, extent-estimate, mysterious
vertical gaps etc.,

These I don't know much about.  Anybody else?

I do know they are undocumented debugging output, that somebody though might be
useful to users.  I do know that the vertical gaps are usually there.  I was
not surprised by the gaps because Lilypond spreads the systems to fill the
available vertical space on the page.

and also give more information around your
assertion that Lilypond doesn't break pages properly.

I only meant to assert/confirm what you suspected, that it doesn't page-break
your specific example properly.

Do you mean there are known bugs specifically with the 2.15.x series,or just
with every version?

2.15.x are the development versions.  I wouldn't (and I don't) use them except
to test the new developments.  The stable version is 2.14.2.

The project has a publicly-visible bug tracker at
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list> (and takes bug reports at
address@hidden).  Of course there are known bugs, but I don't see any that explains
what you see. (I didn't look very hard, though.)

The Lilypond project asks users to isolate their bugs in a minimal example.
Lilypond tends to have enough technically-savvy, or simply resourceful, users
who tend to be capable of doing this.