RE: Changing to Gonville font

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: RE: Changing to Gonville font
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 19:01:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011, James Lowe wrote:

I've looked at the documentation and I remember the conversation I had with our Doc Meister, normally you would do this (at least on Mac OS - which I used at the time) via a terminal and there is no 'rename' command, so when you

mv folder_name new_folder_name

you are actually 'moving' the directory in the traditional sense.

It's basically the same on Linux, with a very important exception: if the new_folder_name already exists, then the above 'mv' command will move folder_name INSIDE new_folder_name, so that you then have folder_name/new_folder_name. On the other hand, if new_folder_name doesn't exist, it will basically rename folder_name to new_folder_name.

I have stumbled into problems with this behavior several times already...

Cheers,
Reinhold