RE: Changing to Gonville font

From: -Eluze
Subject: RE: Changing to Gonville font
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 10:37:36 -0700 (PDT)

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Aug 2011, James Lowe wrote:
>
>> I've looked at the documentation and I remember the conversation I had
>> with our Doc Meister, normally you would do this (at least on Mac OS -
>> which I used at the time) via a terminal and there is no 'rename'
>> command, so when you
>>
>> mv folder_name new_folder_name
>>
>> you are actually 'moving' the directory in the traditional sense.
>
> It's basically the same on Linux, with a very important exception: if the
> new_folder_name already exists, then the above 'mv' command will move
> folder_name INSIDE new_folder_name, so that you then have
> folder_name/new_folder_name. On the other hand, if new_folder_name doesn't
> exist, it will basically rename folder_name to new_folder_name.
>
> I have stumbled into problems with this behavior several times already...

and the next problem you (or anybody else) will stumble against will be the
question: which fonts are actually on duty?

and after the next upgrade to a new version you'll have to ask if (or make
certain that) the new fonts have been merged into the real directory.

imo the only *reasonable* solution is to store the new fonts in a stable
place and include them with a -d-option e.g. font-dir = "blabla…".

cheers
Eluze