Re: How are Ties different from Slurs

From: harm6
Subject: Re: How are Ties different from Slurs
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 05:22:39 -0700 (PDT)

u_li wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I tried to adapt the shapeSlur_rev.ly function recently posted by David
> Nalesik to also work for PhrasingSlurs and Ties.
>
> However, when I use
>
>    \once \override Tie #'control-points = #(shape-slur $offsets)
>
> as part of the function, the Tie isn't printed at all.
> Is there any difference between Slurs and Ties that I should take care
> about?
>
> Sorry if this could be also found in the manuals, but I'm still too
> confused about all this to be able to find things straightforward.
>
> Thanks
> Urs

Hi,

the Internals Referance 3.1 states:

Slur:           control-points (list):  ly:slur::calc-control-points
PhrasingSlur:   control-points (list):  ly:slur::calc-control-points
Tie:            control-points (list):  ly:tie::calc-control-points

So you have to create different Definitions.

Regards,
  Harm

http://old.nabble.com/file/p32185810/shapeSlur_rev1.ly shapeSlur_rev1.ly