Re: How are Ties different from Slurs

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: How are Ties different from Slurs
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 15:52:16 +0200

Am 03.08.2011 14:22, schrieb harm6:

u_li wrote:
Hi list,

I tried to adapt the shapeSlur_rev.ly function recently posted by David
Nalesik to also work for PhrasingSlurs and Ties.

However, when I use

    \once \override Tie #'control-points = #(shape-slur $offsets)

as part of the function, the Tie isn't printed at all.
Is there any difference between Slurs and Ties that I should take care
about?

Sorry if this could be also found in the manuals, but I'm still too
confused about all this to be able to find things straightforward.

Thanks
Urs

Hi,

the Internals Referance 3.1 states:

Slur:           control-points (list):  ly:slur::calc-control-points
PhrasingSlur:   control-points (list):  ly:slur::calc-control-points
Tie:            control-points (list):  ly:tie::calc-control-points

So you have to create different Definitions.

Regards,
   Harm

http://old.nabble.com/file/p32185810/shapeSlur_rev1.ly shapeSlur_rev1.ly

Thank you very much. This works, but I'd never found out alone ...
Best
Urs