Re: ossia with signatures where needed

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: ossia with signatures where needed
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 18:39:11 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Harkins" <address@hidden>
To: "Xavier Scheuer" <address@hidden>
Cc: "lily-users" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 5:15 PM

At Wed, 3 Aug 2011 18:00:50 +0200,
Xavier Scheuer wrote:
You could use

  \context Staff = "ossia" \with {
    \override Clef #'stencil = ##f
    \override KeySignature #'stencil = ##f
    \override TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
  } {
    \relative c' {
      c1
      \once \revert Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil
... snip

Ah... excellent. Revised code snippet is below -- it works beautifully for my purpose!

Worthy of inclusion in the snippet repository? I had searched it for "ossia" and found only two snippets, and neither of them illustrated what I wanted.

Thanks --
James

\version "2.14.1"
\include "english.ly"

showMeter = { \once \revert Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil }

outline = {
 \time 4/4 s1*2
 \showMeter \time 3/4 s2.
 \showMeter \time 4/4 s1*2
}

\score {
 <<
   \new Staff = "ossia" \with {
     \override Clef #'stencil = ##f
     \override KeySignature #'stencil = ##f
     \override TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
     fontSize = #-3
     \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -3)
     \override StaffSymbol #'thickness = #(magstep -3)
   } {
     \stopStaff
     \outline
   }
   \new Staff <<
     \outline
     {
\repeat unfold 16 { b'16 }
<<
  { \repeat unfold 60 { b'16 } }
  \context Staff="ossia" {
    \revert Staff.Clef #'stencil
    \startStaff
    \repeat unfold 22 { b'8 }
    \override Clef #'stencil = ##f
    \stopStaff

If you think it adds information not present in the LSR, please feel free to add it. Note that you will need to change the version statement, AFAIK - the LSR still runs 2.12.2, I believe.

--
Phil Holmes