bookpart with variables

From: Lance Bradstreet
Subject: bookpart with variables
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 18:24:09 -0400

I am trying to put together a book composed of multiple scores.  From reading through the archives it seems that variables are not allowed within \bookpart.  I was wondering what people do to get around this.  I'd like to be able to use the same code for putting together multiple files where some files may contain variables and some do not.  I get an unexpected string error when I try to use a variable within \bookpart.  I could go through the lilypond files and remove the variables and put all the note information within \score{} but it seems like there should be a better way.  I'm new to Lilypond so I'm hoping someone knows of a better way.

The following code results in an error because bach-invention-01.ly contains variables.

\book {

  \markuplines \table-of-contents
  \pageBreak

     \bookpart