RE: 2.15.8 8/8 autobeam 3 3 2 ??

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: 2.15.8 8/8 autobeam 3 3 2 ??
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 07:34:30 +0000

Hello,
From: address@hidden address@hidden on behalf of Xavier Scheuer address@hidden
Sent: 07 August 2011 03:24
To: Paul Scott
Cc: address@hidden; Carl Sorensen

On 7 August 2011 01:45, Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a reason for this default beaming?  I get (3 3 2) with 2.15.8.
>
> \version "2.15.8"
>
> { \time 8/8 \repeat unfold 16 a'8 }

This is indeed the default setting as expressed in
'scm/time-signature-settings.scm'.  What did you expect as default?
(4 4)?  I suppose the dev that implemented it has considered (3 3 2)
to be more common.  And I would tend to agree (although 8/8 is not very
common, so it is not that easy to choose a default).

You can change it simply with

  \overrideTimeSignatureSettings
        #'(8 . 8)  % timeSignatureFraction
        #'(1 . 8)  % baseMomentFraction