Re: RehearsalMark placement at begin of line: workaround?

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: RehearsalMark placement at begin of line: workaround?
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 15:00:17 +0200

On 6 August 2011 17:37, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:

> This seems to be an improvement on the basic shift-right-at-line-begin
> function:
>
> \layout {
>  \context {
>    \Score
>    \override RehearsalMark #'after-line-breaking =
>    #(lambda (grob)
>       (let* ((parent (ly:grob-parent grob X))
>              (elts (ly:grob-array->list (ly:grob-object parent 'elements)))
>              (symbols (filter identity (map (lambda (elt)
>                                               (ly:grob-property elt
> 'break-align-symbol #f))
>                                             elts))))
>         (and (= (ly:item-break-dir grob) RIGHT)
>              (not (memq 'staff-bar symbols))
>              (ly:grob-translate-axis! grob (interval-length
> (ly:grob-extent parent parent X)) X))
>         (ly:side-position-interface::move-to-extremal-staff grob)))
>  }
> }

Wonderful!  That works perfectly.
I'm forwarding this on the French users mailing list.

Could you add it to the LSR (or does it need an updated version of
LilyPond not available on the LSR?)?

I'm also wondering if this solution could be a proper fix that could
be implemented as LilyPond's default behaviour?

Thank you very very much!

Cheers,
Xavier

--