Re: Staff names in lilypond-book

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Staff names in lilypond-book
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 16:29:13 +0200

On 7 August 2011 01:52, Leszek Wroński <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi again,
> I'm preparing a transcription of a Baroque piece (by Zelenka) and my goal is
> to have a PDF with a title page, a page of commentary, and then the score.
> I'm a daily LaTeX user. The score is ready. I created a "dummy" lytex
> document with a small commentary and I used the \lilypondfile command with
> the "noindent" option. I'm using the "geometry" package. So, the problem is
> the following:
> - when I processed the .ly file alone with Lilypond, the outcome is very
> nice when it comes to the layout; most importantly, the first system has
> smaller width so that the staff names (like "Basso continuo") can fit and
> not stick out into the left margin;
> - but this is lost when using lilypond-book - all systems have exactly the
> same width and the staff names protrude into the left margin.

Isn't that due to your use of the "noindent" option?

When you process the .ly file alone with Lilypond the first system has
a smaller width because *there is an indent*.
If you process it with lilypond-book with the "noindent" option, there
is no longer an indent!

I'd suggest (simply) not to use the "noindent" option.
Or am I missing something here?

Cheers,
Xavier

--